Leaking water found on floor in cab - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-01-2004
HydroKing

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default Leaking water found on floor in cab

Guys, i have an issue with what i think is my aircon. When i use my aircon the floor on the passenger front get drenched with water. I have to remove my rubber floor mats and rip up the carpet on a daily basis to let the carpet/floor dry out overnight. Leo Muller at mansfield told me and i quote:
Quote:
I've seen this on other models but never on a wrangler. It's just usually the drainage tube but yours seems to be fine. This is pretty common on cherokees but not on wranglers, unless the owners don't know about it & therefore don't tell us.
My floor was dry when i took it there today because i havn't used the aircon however, i have read many a time on JU that this is a common problem with TJ's. I didn't notice until i removed my floor mat to clean the interior so it may have been like that for a while. I am going to Rainbow next week so it can't be booked in for 2 weeks. Let's hope my floor doesn't rust through eh? I'll be sure to take it back with the floor up to it's usual cm of water so they can have a look.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers!
Old 13-01-2004
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I only have that problem when I do creek crossings without the drainage hole plug!
Old 13-01-2004
HydroKing

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear
I only have that problem when I do creek crossings without the drainage hole plug!
I checked, my drainage hole is still in place!
Old 13-01-2004
MudSplasher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

had the same problem with my old spook. found out it was when crap (small leaves, mud, bugs) falls in the air vent on top of the hood and blocks the drainage pipe. Water fills up, runs along some vent ducting and then and leaks into the footwell from behind the dashboard. The air intake being only plastic and fixed from the bonnet it was a simple task to remove and clean.

Same idea but have no idea what you have to do to clean it.
Old 13-01-2004
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
I am going to Rainbow next week
We're heading up there as well on Friday morning 23rd and staying on the dunes at cooloola about 1km from the noosa end of the start of the camping area. Drop in if you see the jeep parked out on the beach. Black TJ is coming too maybe and also CRD03 (Mark). I've invited others too, so hopefully we can have a jeep fest up there.
Old 13-01-2004
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yea, my wrangler is doing the same thing, after driving with the aircon on for a while if I take a sharp turn freezing cold water pours out all over my feet or on the passenger side. I checked my drain pipe but it wasnt blocked and there is no debris blocking the vent in the engine bay. I am going to pull the aircon apart this weekend hopefully and check it out.
Old 13-01-2004
Established Member

Location: running around naked wrestling beers from the Esky!
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jeeps - get some gasket goo stuff (technical I know!!)
I had this problem while I was away - Air conditioner condensation leaves the cabin through a small tube (about hose diametre) the foam surrounding the tube in the firewall ages and lets the water dribble back onto the foam and into the passenger side floor.
It is difficult to get your hand in to the tube in the engine bay but I did it and just sealed the foam holding the tube. Worked first shot!
Saves the passengers bitchin!!
not that she would!! would you dear, no of course not, where did I get that from!!