Barrington's Breakaway. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Organise a Trip in your state
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2004
UH OH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Barrington's Breakaway.

Dates: 19th - 21st march (fri - sun)

Grade: C/D (B grade options).

The trip will be a combined SJC/ACTJT trip (I'm a member of both) but if you are from the cherokee club or just lurk on the board you are more than welcome to come.

I'm planning on heading up on friday morning at this stage but will confirm when we are closer to the date as there will be some of us that will have to work that day.

Accomodation will be an option off "roof over head" or camping.

Spots will be limited so don't waste anytime letting me know if you want to come along.

Cost for those wanting a roof over their heads will be approx. $200.00 per person for the two nights accom. For anyone wanting the peasants option (camping) "Ferndale" camping ground is a really good idea as it is virtually across the road from where we'll be staying.

Camping Rates:
(All prices include G.S.T.)
Per Adult, per night - $7.00
Per Child, per night - $5.00 (age 4 and up)
Children under four - no charge
Powered sites - add $4.00 per day per site.

We'll be self catering so I thought we may as well do a big shop for the main meals/nibbllies etc and throw in for it.

Feedback on this please!!!!. Grog will be up to you.

If you do wish to come and want a room, I'll require a deposit of $100 per person and the cost will not be refundable if you change your mind and do not come, unless you find someone to fill your spot.

Those that have already expressed interest will recieve an email in the next few days.

If you are interested in coming please PM me so I can add you to the list.

Cheers,

Brad
Old 03-02-2004
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brad

We're there with bells on. Don't know whether we'll be able to throw the $400 at though. I'm fevershly saving for the WJ mods....

Cheers
Chris
http://www.omaroo.net
Old 18-02-2004
UH OH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok some updates to the trip.

We did the reccie last weekend, due to the willy's breaking we did not get to cover as much ground as we would have likjed to but found enough to ensure everyone will be happy.

The plans for the weekend are no as follows:

Dates will remain the same.

We will depart sydney mid to late afternoon Friday for the approx 2.5 hr drive to the area we are going.

Accommodation will be up to the individual to arrange. The general consensus for where I was originally looking at seemed a bit Xy for some so I have found a place at the bottom of the tracks/trails we'll be driving

They have two cabins on site. I'll be booking one of the two cabins available for Heather and myself and I believe the other is about to be booked as well.

The owners have agreed to allow camping on the property but as far as I know there are no facilities such as toilets/showers etc. But I'll rent you mine for a small fee .

There are other options all within a few KM's that you could look at such as Ferndale (see above) but as I have mentioned above you'll need to look after this yourself.

Day two (sat) will be split into morning and afternoon drives, thought that we we could wander back down to camp for lunch, beer chat seeing it's a 5 minute roll from the top of the hill. possibly do a night drive as well depending how peo-ple feel.

Day three will see us pack up to head home. I thought we'd head into Morpeth for "brunch". For those that do not know the place, it's full off antique shops, cafe's and the sort of shops you get in a tourist country town (very berrima/bowral).

From there we'll head back towards sydney. Those still wanting a play will be able to do so as we will be taking a departure of the Xpressway for some playtime at Freemans Waterhole (about two minutes from the toronto exit), those wanting to continue on home will just need to keep heading south.

The tracks we are doing should be OK for standard vehicles but you must have at least all terrain tires, approporiate recovery points and the neccessary recovery gear for a c/d grade trip.

I'd also like to have final numbers at least two weeks prior to the weekend so if you are planning on coming along please email me at jeepn@ihug.com.au and let me know. If you email me include your ausjeep name and 'real' name as I do not know all of you by both.

If you have any Q's feel free to call me, email me for my number or send yours and I'll call you back.

Cheers,

Brad.
Old 18-02-2004
UH OH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

O'h and you'll also need to look after your own food and drinks etc.
Old 18-02-2004
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Brad i am keen but wont be able to get the friday off, what time friday you planning on leaving?

-Jase
Old 18-02-2004
UH OH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Jase,

I'm guessing around 3-4 in the arvo. Will really depend on who's going and what time people can get away from work.

I do know of one or two that may be attending in the same predicament as yourself.

Might be worth putting a few extra hours in over the next few weeks so the boss let's you leave earlier.
Old 25-02-2004
UH OH

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Considering not doing this as I have only had three responses.

Will wait another week and will decide then, if you are thinking of it please let me know asap.
Post New Thread  Reply