LONG LIVE THE WRANGLER... in Australia & Japan at least. - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2004
HydroKing

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Default LONG LIVE THE WRANGLER... in Australia & Japan at least.

And i quote from my local crappy newspaper...

Quote:
"It's official, Australia is the top market for the iconic Jeep Wrangler outside North America.
The vehicle which epitomises the legendary Jeep "go-anywhere, do anything" ethos, has always been popular in Australia and now it is a world leader in sales.
As at June 2004 (year to date), 482 of the rugged Jeep Wranglers have been delivered to customers in Australia, representing an impressive 41 per cent increase over 2003 sales.
It's the second time that Australia has been able to claim the title, with 2002 sales also topping the world (outside of North America).
In 2004 Australia has sold 28 more Wranglers than current second runner Japan.
Chrysler Jeep Australia managing director Gerry Jenkins said the australian public had a real afinity with the Wrangler.
"It's the ultimate fun machine, and it's very well suited to the market. The numbers prove it," Mr Jenkins said.
Offering the outdoor enthusiast the very best off-road ability mated to street-smart and rugged exterior styling, one of Wrangler's key features is its versatile hard top/soft top configuration, perfect for the sunny Australia climate.
Jenkins also believes that Wrangler's timelessness has also contributed to it's popularity in Australia.
"Jeep has more thatn 60 years of off-road leadership under the belt - a heritage created by the original Willys used in World War II - and has become a byword for orr-road capability," he explains.
"and with Wrangler as the traditional descendant of the original army Jeep, I think that Australians have responded to the authenticity the vehicle has to offer. Of course the rugged, romantic image of Wrangler is a major selling point, but most significantly we think Wrangler will continue to make inroads with customer who demand the real thing," Jenkins concluded.
The Wrangler is widely recognised as starting the four-wheel-drive phenomenon and is sold in nearly 100 countries around the world."
Included was a lovely picture of a KJ.

In my opinion as a consumer, i think things will only get better with the introduction of the Unlimited to our market next year WHICH SEEMS LIKELY!! WOO HOO!!

Oh, and there were 2 pages on the D-90...which has recently dropped to $39,990 which is about bloody time as $600 between the 110 was RIDUCULOUS!!!
Old 05-08-2004
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

I'd like to know what the UK sales numbers are for the TJ are - I would have thought pretty close...
Old 05-08-2004
AJOR Gold

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
current second runner Japan
I've got to say, that surprises the hell out of me.
Old 05-08-2004

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: LONG LIVE THE WRANGLER... in Australia & Japan at le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeps

In my opinion as a consumer, i think things will only get better with the introduction of the Unlimited to our market next year WHICH SEEMS LIKELY!! WOO HOO!!

Oh, and there were 2 pages on the D-90...which has recently dropped to $39,990 which is about bloody time as $600 between the 110 was RIDUCULOUS!!!
so where did you get the information about the unlimited ???
Old 05-08-2004
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We have been told to forget about Unlimited until TK series arrives MY07.
Old 05-08-2004

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesguy
We have been told to forget about Unlimited until TK series arrives MY07.
That was the rumours I heard too but off course you have better sources than I do

I think it is really sad as I could see a market for the unlimited here in particular for one with the rubicon pack

If you could get a rubicon pack unlimited in at about 45-50k on road then you would have a sale weapon

Big enough to take the family away for the weekend but still tough enough to be a mean play toy with the guys when you leave the family at home

It would suit the exact vehical I am looking for and I am sure I am not alone.
Old 05-08-2004
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieCJ7

It would suit the exact vehical I am looking for and I am sure I am not alone.
aman to that brother
Post New Thread  Reply