Leisure Suit Larry Returns! - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > ASSOCIATED INTERESTS > Gaming & Technology
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-10-2004
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Leisure Suit Larry Returns!

i loved this game as a kid, and im sure i will love it even move as an immature adult!!!!! lol

http://www.vugames.com/video_viewer.do?mediaId=12157
Old 18-10-2004
The Chook Whisperer

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

You might be waiting a while mate,the OFLC don't think adults should be allowed to play it.There is still no higher rating than MA15+ for games in Australia

"Upcoming game Leisure Suit Larry: Magna ****** Laude has been refused classification and banned by the Office of Film and Literature Classification (OFLC) due to its sexual content.

This comes hot on the heels of the refusal of classification last week of the game Manhunt after its initial MA15+ classification was reviewed.

Leisure Suit Larry is based around the bumbling journeys of a suit-clad character Larry Lovage who takes part in "extra curricular" activities at college. Larry attempts to woo and have sex with or play sexualised games with a series of female characters, an OFLC report said.

The game was officially refused classification on 9 September.

The report said the computer game contains "obscured and/or implied sexual activity and obscured and partial nudity involving stylised, animated characters."

These depictions occur in "full-motion video sequences" and include instances such as Larry receiving below-screen fellatio from Koko. "Sucking sounds are heard," said the OFLC.

An OFLC spokesperson confirmed that the title had been banned and could not be imported, hired or sold to the public.

Publisher Vivendi Universal Games has declined to comment on the decision about Leisure Suit Larry, which is a highly anticipated follow-up to a successful series of adventure games during the 1980s and 1990s.

Competing publisher Ubisoft publishes games title Playboy: The Mansion. In this game, players take control of Hugh Hefner as they build the Playboy empire.

Similar to Larry, the game features censored depictions of sexual activity."
Old 18-10-2004
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

You can still get the game in Aus.
Bittorrent
Old 18-10-2004
The Chook Whisperer

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

LOL zzzz,naughty boy. :P
Old 19-10-2004
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ebay.com every game you can think of
Old 19-10-2004
The Chook Whisperer

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Hehe,yeah. :P

My point though is that the OFLC need to realise that not everyone who plays games is a spotty faced teenager,we can watch adult movies full of sex/gore/violence etc but can't legally buy a game in Australia that contains
Quote:
"obscured and/or implied sexual activity and obscured and partial nudity involving stylised, animated characters."
and heaven forbid we might see or hear

Quote:
"full-motion video sequences" and include instances such as Larry receiving below-screen fellatio from Koko. "Sucking sounds are heard,"

/end rant....
Old 19-10-2004
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

farrk me whats the world coming to I don't want or need anyone to decide what I can watch play or see ....do gooding bastards