18" wheels and 350 V8 XJ! - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2004
LokRinger

Liked 1,768 Times in 560 Posts
Default 18" wheels and 350 V8 XJ!

All yours for $4500 USD!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

First one I had seen that has not been slammed as well with large diameter wheels. Does make a bad street cruizer at all.

Vehicle Description

Hello and thank you for looking. Where to begin, this vehicle started its life as a 1986 Jeep Cherokee Lerado. I had it inspected back in July and passed no problems, but it is exempt from emissions, keep it under 5,000 miles a year and you will be too. Lets talk about the good stuff:

All of the lights were changed for brand new lights. The headlights are actually an aftermarket kit with removeable bulbs and mini lights for parking lights. This looks cool when you have just your parking lights on. The headlights were also upgraded with a Catz Zeta system wich makes them about 50% brighter. The exterior was painted by a local body shop in a BMW color gold. That cost me a little over $1500. The black items on the truck are fading a bit and I am not sure why, but it still looks pretty cool. The bumpers are new, the visor is new, the rear window is tinted. The wheels are 18" Sport Metal wheels in Crome (not polished) and the tires are Nitto Terra Grapplers, very nice on the street not noisey at all, I would highly reccomend these tires. They are the metric version of a 33 x 13. That cost me just under $1800. They have about 10,000 miles on them, but still are in great shape, lots of tread left. There is a rancho 4" suspension lift kit with a add a leaf in the rear. In the front, in addition to the lift kit, I had to add a 2" coil spacer to make up for the extra weight of the small block engine.

Here goes the engine and trans info. There is a 1979 small block chevy with a newer style serpentine system on it. A edlebrock performer intake and a brand new ( about two weeks old) Edlebrock carb. Headers and motor mounts were a must for this swap and they were both from Advance Adaptors. The engine had about 48,000 miles on it, I purchased it from a close friend and I know it is the actual mileage. Almost all the upgrades were done a little over 10,000 miles ago. The trans was a fresh rebuild ( now has a little over 10,000 miles). The transfercase was also done buy the same shop. The engine really runs strong and the trans shifts great. No problems there. The radiator was new also at the time of the swap, but it now has two electric fans for cooling. It has not gone over 215 even on the hottest days. You will also see a MSD 6al in the photos. That was also new at the time of the conversion. The front driveshaft is stock and the rear one was made by a local shop, they did a good job and you can do 80 or 90mph without any vibrations..at all..the vehicle really drives good too. Exhaust if done with true duals in 2.25 pipes with dynomax mufflers, sounds really good but not too loud like flowmasters. The interior gauges had to be replaced with the addition of the electronic speed sensor so I redid ALL of the gauges with new ( now have a little over 10,000 miles on them) VDO gauges. They werent cheap either, but they work really well and look cool too. There is also a Eclipse cd player in the dash and new speakers in the doors. There is a sound bar in the rear from a newer model cherokee, but I had it redone to match the color..I had the whole headliner redone about two years ago. The interor is an 86 so there is some wear and tear, but it really looks good for its age. I dont think anyone would be dissapointed if you saw it. This really is a great running and good looking vehicle. I hate to sell it but I need to get a more family oriented vehicle. I am sure I am forgetting something but I will add it if I think of anything else. Please feel free to ask any questions and I would ask that you do before bidding. If you buy it now, I have a slew of extra parts including an extra small block engine. One thing I forgot, I have almost all the pieces to get the AC working, but a custom hose will have to be made to go from the Chevy ac unit to the jeep connecter. A local shop said it was doable, I just didnt get it done before I needed to sell it. There is a huge amount of time and a lot of money invested in this project, serious bidders only please. If the auction goes for over $5000 I will throw all my extra parts including a bunch of interior pieces, a extra roof rack, a extra rear axle, some engine parts, and a extra small block, but that does need to be rebuilt. Thanks again and good luck.

Terms of Sale

A $500 deposit will be due at and of auction with paypal and the rest paid in cash or bank check at time of pickup. Paypal charges too much for large amounts like this, but if it is your only option we can work something out. Vehicle should be picked up in a timely manner unless other arrangements have been made prior to the sale. Again, please ask any questions before bidding.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 09-11-2004
AJOR Gold

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Wheels look wrong on it IMHO.
Old 09-11-2004
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
Wheels look wrong on it...
Until I read your comment Ben, I was wondering what the problem was when I was looking at it...I think he would have been a $hit load better with 15's or 16's and higher wall tyres instead of the 18's. IMHO this makes it look like a matchbox car

This aside, I wouldn't knock it back for that sort of money, I would say that it definitely would go hard!
Old 09-11-2004
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'd hate to think what those 18" tyres are worth out here.... if you could source them
http://www.omaroo.net
Old 09-11-2004
LokRinger

Liked 1,768 Times in 560 Posts

Your right it looks toy like. You feel like you could pick it up and play with it. Vrooom Vrooom.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Post New Thread  Reply