'New' CJ6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Early Model Jeep
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-10-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 'New' CJ6

Hey hey,

As posted in the new members forum, just got my 'new' Jeep I'll get some photos up on here as soon as I get the camera up and running, it's no where near as decked out as a lot of the cars here but looks alright to me! Besides, that just gives me more to do, right?

First thing I wanted to know is; can you tell the year through the serial number? The plate in the engine bay reads 'CJ6 1735' - does that mean anything to anyone, or is there some site I can look up? Is it possible to use that to get a bit of history on it?

That's all for now - I'm off to read the 4 books that came with it (3 for jeeps and one for falcon engines ) and just bask in my Jeep's reflected glory...

-Sam

p.s. - any of you in NQ? I'm Townsville.
Old 19-10-2005
Head Honcho

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 1,177 Times in 710 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

That its a CJ6.......the 1735 no idea mate. Take a pic of the plate and post it.

www.ausjeepoffroad.com
Old 19-10-2005
i am the CIG

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

This Sounds Like The Kaiser Jeep Build Tag If So It Could Have Been Built By
Shute Upton Engineering In Qld From A Ckd
Old 20-10-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok, the tag reads:

"Willy's Motors Australia Pty Limited

Vehicle No. CJ6 1735"

And is mounted high up in the engine bay in front of the passenger seat. Any ideas?
Old 20-10-2005
i am the CIG

Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

Yes You Have A Willys
This Means It It Could Be From 60--67
If The Falcon Is Original As Some Were
It Would Be At The Later Date
I Could Be Wrong Though
Old 20-10-2005
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ahh fun. Some silly bugger has it rego'd as a '73!

Have found the good stuff, thanks for putting me on the right track!

Produced in Brisbane 14/3/1963
First sold QLD 15/3/1963
Original Colour Green
Original Engine 4 cyl.

Yay. Tis good to know a bit about your car... And I like that it's f'in old lol
Old 21-10-2005
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sooooo.........does one good deed deserve another?

the tag on my cj6 reads the same as Sam's but the number is

"cj6 1950"

It still has the orig 4 pot etc. Can anyone help me out with a definite year? The guy I got it off 'thinks' that it was a '65.
Cheers
Post New Thread  Reply