4 Door Wrangler - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-04-2006
Jeepless!

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default 4 Door Wrangler

Has anyone heard much about the new 4 dr wrangler? i seen in overlander magazine that they reckon the new 4dr will be in Oz by mid 2007, has anyone else heard anything in concrete? lets start guessing what we think the price will be, i got to get one so i reckon i should start saving now to have enough for a deposit when they arrive, i really wanna know how much ill have to fork out. Come on cheif, chase it up with your jeeping connections mate! put us all out of our Misery!!!!!
Old 30-04-2006
Jeepless!

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Default just found this

Jeep chose New York International Auto Show as the venue to unveil its first-ever four-door Wrangler this week.

The stretched off-roader is officially yet to be confirmed for sale Down Under, however, CarPoint’s sources have stated that the vehicle could potentially hit Aussie Jeep dealers before the end of 2006. Pricing is likely to kick off under $40,000. The current two-door Wrangler starts at $29,990 locally.

Dubbed the Wrangler Unlimited, the four-door Wrangler incorporates what could be a first, at least in series production. The USP of the off-roader is a choice of fold-away roof styles with ‘targa’ style lift-out panels.

Jeep will offer a three-piece modular hardtop dubbed the ‘Freedom Top’. It features three removable panels with the left and right front passenger panels able to be stored inside the vehicle. The rear section can remain in place or be removed separately.

The soft-top version gets the ‘Sunrider’ tag. Offered as standard equipment in the US market, the soft top includes a ‘sunroof’ feature as well as the full top-down option. Top-down, the ‘Sunrider’ uncovers the first and second-row occupants, creating a huge 1400 x 1520mm opening.

A full-five seater, the Wrangler Unlimited grows to what the Yanks term ‘mid-size’ SUV proportions.

“Combining four-door convenience with Wrangler’s unique open-air design and unmatched off-road capability, the all-new 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is the only four-door convertible on the market,” said George Murphy, Senior Vice President – Global Brand Marketing, Chrysler Group.

“Wrangler Unlimited expands the Jeep experience and core values – freedom, adventure, mastery and authenticity – to a broader range of customers who always wanted a Wrangler, but also more space and versatility.”

The Unlimited features a 2946mm wheelbase, achieved by adding 523mm new 2007 Wrangler’s already increased 2423mm wheelbase (current model: 2373mm). The new model also benefits from the new Wrangler’s added width and better attention to NVH (noise, vibration and harshness). Jeep says the Unlimited also offers nearly triple the rear cargo space.

Jeep is at pains to point out that the off-road ability of the Unlimited has not been compromised. It claims best-in-class approach and departure angles and an impressive breakover angle of 20.8 degrees.

The Unlimited will be powered by Jeep’s new 3.8-litre V6 petrol engine. Although don’t rule out diesel and possible V8-engined models down the track.
Old 30-04-2006
LokRinger

Liked 1,769 Times in 560 Posts

Have you read the sticky at the top of the forum?? http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...0&page=1&pp=10

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Post New Thread  Reply