Rancho or Tough Dog - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2006
Full Flexer

Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Talking Rancho or Tough Dog

Hi Guys. Looking at getting some adjustable shocks for my tj. Already have 2" spring lift but want to go up to 3" springs. Wondering if anyone is running tough dog dog adjustables with 3" or is rancho the best bet? Any help much appreciated.
Old 02-06-2006
Back in the game !!

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

neither........if you want a good ride with decent length go the OME long travel range they are bout the same price as regular OME but about 2 in longer again.....all that adjustable stuff is a wank really, most guys find 1 setting they like and leave it.....
Old 03-06-2006
TFP Racing Australia

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

tough dogs are good on patrols etc.. but the jeep is to light for them.
Old 03-06-2006

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepilot
neither........if you want a good ride with decent length go the OME long travel range they are bout the same price as regular OME but about 2 in longer again.....all that adjustable stuff is a wank really, most guys find 1 setting they like and leave it.....
even if they are set and left at least the valve rate has been dialed in and that means they have done their job

set valve rate shocks are good if you get the right valve rate up front but if you dont know what valve rate you need adjustables is another way of doing it
Old 03-06-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had tough dogs on me previous 4WD (landcruiser ) and i was pretty happy with them, but IMHO Rancho have been around alot longer and have a better reputation so I would stick with Rancho if you wanted to go down the adjustable route
Old 03-06-2006
Original Mexican Mafia

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I thought the Tough dog equired the outside cylinger to turn in order to adjust them. Means they need undoing at one end. I use the Rancho and although I dont have the incab adjuster installed yet. I find myself changing the settings atleast once a fortnight. Today I have to go out and do a few things so I will be loading up the TJ with timber and tools. I will firm up the rear a bit to maintain an even ride... There was a write up in 4wd monthly recently comparing all the shocks they tested. I will see if I can find the Mag...
Old 03-06-2006
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Go Rancho 5000's. They are the best around for the money and are gauranteed for life! They have been making shocks for Jeeps since the early 50's and do make them, un like most of the others. You will have to extend over 2'', but not hard.
Post New Thread  Reply