WJ - Something must be wrong! - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2007
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default WJ - Something must be wrong!

It's been nearly two years since the last "problem" with my beloved WJ. It's been running perfectly. No knocks, cracks, noises, or pulling left,....Air Con (check), Electrics (check), Cooling (check), Driveline (check), Engine performance (purrrrfect), Fuel consumption (good),....all systems are GO!

I don't like it ...and I'm getting worried........Is this the lull before the storm?

What can I expect at the 7 year mark from my WJ

Can I expect to once again hear these horrific words from the Service Dept at the Stealership;

Good morning Mr Park,........come over here,.....and Bend Over!

NNNNnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo............
Old 05-05-2007
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 38 Times in 20 Posts

I'm the same, I've just had a major service done and when I picked it up the mechanic looked quite despondent and said he couldn't find anything additional that needed doing.
Old 05-05-2007
AJOR Bronze

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Park View Post
It's been nearly two years since the last "problem" with my beloved WJ. It's been running perfectly. No knocks, cracks, noises, or pulling left,....Air Con (check), Electrics (check), Cooling (check), Driveline (check), Engine performance (purrrrfect), Fuel consumption (good),....all systems are GO!

I don't like it ...and I'm getting worried........Is this the lull before the storm?

What can I expect at the 7 year mark from my WJ

Can I expect to once again hear these horrific words from the Service Dept at the Stealership;

Good morning Mr Park,........come over here,.....and Bend Over!

NNNNnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo............

I dont think thats the way to look at it! See the old problems as "getting to know your new Love" Just like a relationship, there are a few teething prob at first, you either fixem and be happy with it or you Trade in for a new one, Keep sending Love "in the way of maintenance" and She sould traet you fine!
Old 06-05-2007
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsjeep View Post
I'm the same, I've just had a major service done and when I picked it up the mechanic looked quite despondent and said he couldn't find anything additional that needed doing.
Yeah, I've got a service due very soon, and it will be the last one before my extended Jeep "Warranty" expires. I'm trying to make a list of things that need replacing or fixing (under extended "Warranty") but I'm buggered if I can find anything.

Note: Regarding Warranty in italics and quotation marks. See other threads here regarding Jeep extended "Warranty" or the lack of. I think it was either Roachy or Bobcatrowe who said, "The only thing my extended warranty is good for, is wiping my ar**".

Even if I did have a repair & replace list, I know that there would be some serious debate with the Warranty Co about it.

quote = hemijeepy. I dont think thats the way to look at it! See the old problems as "getting to know your new Love" Just like a relationship, there are a few teething prob at first, you either fixem and be happy with it or you Trade in for a new one, Keep sending Love "in the way of maintenance" and She sould treat you fine!

Agree. I really do put alot of luvin into my ride. Even though we had a shakey start together, with regular maintenance and more lovin, we are now doing just fine .

PS: If my wife is reading this,.....you wont understand,....it's a JEEP thing
Old 04-07-2007
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

STOP PRESS!

Just had the car in for its final Service before the Warranty runs out at the Stealership.

It appears that now I need new front brake rotors (not sure why???), and new front brake pads too. But the thing is, the brake application and the operation of braking has not changed at all in 3 years. How do I know if the front brake discs are buggered? The brakes appear to operating just fine??????

I checked brake pads and they are 5mm from the 'screeching' bar thingy. You know, that piece of metal that sticks out and hits the disc and makes a 'screech' sound when your brakes need replacing.

What's the go here guys??? Should I be concerned, or are there any other suggestions/recommendations?

OH!,...and by the way,...apparently cylinder #7 is low on compression, so that needs to be looked at also (Both heads removed etc). Total cost for ALL repairs is $2,500 - $4,500.

PLEASE HELP! Any suggestions appreciated.....
Old 04-07-2007
AJOR Bronze

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Get a secound opinion!!!! Take it to an unbias mechanic and get them to have a look, if its still under warranty and the comp is low then thats there problem they gotta fix that!
Old 04-07-2007
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 440 Times in 265 Posts

You will also know if your rotors are rooted as you will get pulsing through the brake pedal when you apply the brakes firmly at around 80 k's or above.