WH Grand Ch. CRD - last service before warranty - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2009
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default WH Grand Ch. CRD - last service before warranty

Hi,
I have a WH Grand Cherokee CRD which is about to run out of manufacturer's warranty. I'm in Sydney. It's been serviced by Jeep Scuderie Veloce @ Chatswood 'til now but I'd like to find someone competent & 'independent' to do the 50k service so I can identify any issues which should be fixed under warranty.

Can anyone recommend something in Sydney - preferably within 30-40 km's of the city?

thanks
Old 07-01-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Can't help you with an idependent to do a check over but before that manufactureres warranty expires I'd be buying an extended manufacturers waranty. Either genine factory or after market. "Bumper to Bumper" is what you need and may save you a fortune.
Old 07-01-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeap i agree, extend your warranty. But all Jeep service stations should be pretty keen to find problems as they get paid by Jeep Australia to fix them. No problem found = No work = No money. I have found that with all my warranty issues some i didn't know about, were fixed without any problems whats so ever.

A list of problems I've had since buying brand new:

- Whole new dash replaced (Jeep Australia got involved with this one)
- Indicator stalk replaced
- LH side mirror replaced
- Oil leak fixed
- ABS system re flashed
- Battery replaced (twice)
- Climate control system re flashed
- Window wipers rewired due to electrical short.
- Navigation system replaced along with updated maps (due to above electrical short)
- Carpet replaced
- Rubbers for suspension replaced
- Front parking sensors replaced
- Automatic door locks turned back on (numerous times)
- Service 4WD fault fixed
- And now, it looks like my fuel tank will be replaced (still waiting on that one)

These are all the problems I've had with the vehicle from brand new. Some major fixes others not. The dealer has been very keen to fix all. (well replacing the dash was an issue, but after i sent Jeep Australia the photos every manager at the dealership were phoning to apologize)
But i plan on extending my warranty as i have read the horror stories with CRD engines blowing up. Even one member said Jeep will charge $44k AUD to replace. WOW If that happened i would be without a car for a very long time.

Last edited by jdmagoo; 07-01-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-01-2009
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

My gosh! Have I bought a lemon? That's a scary thought.

Actually I did buy a 3 year extended warranty when I bought the car new. Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.
Old 07-01-2009
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JandB View Post
My gosh! Have I bought a lemon? That's a scary thought.

Nope Just a Jeep!
Old 07-01-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

And then sell it when it still has 6/9 months of extended warranty remaining.This will make it attractive to a private purchaser as it will give them some sense of financial security about any possible repairs when buying a Jeep.
Post New Thread  Reply