I drove a hummer - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default I drove a hummer

Okay as the title suggests, I took my first Hummer for a test drive whilst stranded in Brisbane (floods up home).
Now I must say, my first opinion on seeing any hummer on the road was 'that wanker....Who would drive such a huge tank and blah blah.....'

But I jumped into a H3 Adventurer and was pleasantly surprised, though not immediately. Had to try and get my long legs under the steering wheel and didn't like all the blind spots. But on the upside it drove better then driving my mum's flashy landcruizer and the turning circle was nearly as good as the TJ. The actual ride was nice, the seats were very comfy and I didn't have to fill up with fuel within the first 30mins.

I was a little hesitant with the size or lackof from the engine but surprisingly it seemed to pick up quite okay. Remember im comparing all this to my modded TJ that drives like a bush pig on steroids. Found out this H3 has a few nifty things when it comes to taking it offroad and the only thing i was allowed to do was drive it over a gutter. But I dont think i would have spilt my latte if i had one

I'm told the 09' models have bluetooth and rear camera....(very needed). I remember when i first got into my first TJ and couldnt get my head around the blind spots let alone the angle the windscreen was on. But the hummer was not a tank to drive, it was lovely. hmm that sounds a tad girly now doesnt it. But after spending the last 2 weeks in a kenworth i could take on a hummer and feel like i wouldn't spill my beer in a hurry.

So I think im off to townsville this weekend or next to test drive another and see if my new infatuation leads me to a new car. To all those who are gonna flame me, leave it at the door. I'm now in a bullet proof vest cause i have nuts of steel cause i drive a hummer. Yeah man!
Okay... enough. I have hope that not all hummer drivers are wankers because i did see a banana grower driving around in one. Now he looked pretty comfy in thongs and beer in tow...no latte. There is hope.

Anyone else taken one for a drive? Likes/dislikes? Only wish they came out in a diesel.

Last edited by jeepgirl; 12-02-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-02-2009
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I like HUMMERS!
Old 12-02-2009
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hummers (the four wheeled variety) are best left to Gold Coast drug runners, Ganxsta wannabies, homo's and people that wear camo clothing out of necessity.....
Old 12-02-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are you from around Townsville? Let me know if you wanna take the Hummer for an offroad cruise some time, im just itching to get my new JK dirty!
Oh and i didnt mind the H3 at all to drive, very plush, just couldnt afford one!
Old 12-02-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl View Post
Had to try and get my long legs under the steering wheel and didn't like all the blind spots.
I haven't taken one for a drive: after similar levels of discomfort as you at just trying to get in one, i lost interest. Instead I got the 4door JK - it still gets mistaken for a hummer by some folks. It was also noticably cheaper to buy and run.
Old 12-02-2009
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Trust me, the honeymoon wont last. The running costs are insane and if anything breaks down it will be bloody

expensive since there aren,t many private shops that can fix it. The dealer can say anything and get away

with it. Get a SRT Grand Cherokee, if you just wanna cruise or a GC Hemi and mod it up.

City driving will be a big PITA.
Old 12-02-2009
hellbilly deluxe

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

if i wanted a hummer i'd ask your..................
Post New Thread  Reply