July Trip - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Australian Club Scene > Tasmanian Jeep Owners Club
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-06-2009
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile July Trip

On Sunday the 12/07 we will be taking a drive to the Blue Tier doing the track listed in “4WD tracks in Tasmania” ( a book most of you will own or have seen)on Page 148 to 153 titled oddly enough “Blue Tier” some of you have probably already been there too.
I don’t think from reading the description that it will be that hard as it is listed as “Easy, Part Medium” so hopefully anyone who might like to come for a trip but does not want to go hard core 4WD’ing will feel inclined to join us for the day as well. The medium section of the track can be avoided if you don’t like the look of it with a short diversion where we can meet up again so no one will miss anything. It should be a nice social trip out as there are lots of old mine workings to view listed in the track description and we can stop for lunch along the track somewhere.
There is also the Pub in the Paddock and the Pyengana Dairy ( Great Ice cream, Chumby) right by the end of the trip to have a sit down at afterwards, plus St Columba Falls if we get time.

Meet at Kmart car park, Racecourse Crescent, Launceston at 08:00 for an 08:30 off. For those who would like to come up from south of Launie, would some one like to propose a meeting point where we can all join up - the C428 Pyengana & St Columba falls turn off on the A3 Tasman Highway from St Helens might be a good spot as it is on the way.

Cheers all and hope lots can make it. Please PM me if you are going to meet us en route somewhere so that we can agree on a rendezvous time and place and UHF channel to check with you on.
Old 11-07-2009
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all

Sorry for the late notice but as the weather tomorrow looks to be as bad as today, the trip would turn out to just be a long drive there then stuck in the cars in the cold and rain when we get there and then a long drive home again, with no opportunity to get out and look around - tomorrows trip has been called off.
Sorry to those of you this may disappoint but it just looks so cold and wet, I have all the maps and stuff photocopied for everyone ready so we will try for next month, will advise you of a date when set.

You get to sleep in Tam .

Cheers – John