Which Shocks for Mopar (blue Lovells) Coils - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-08-2010
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Which Shocks for JK with Mopar (blue Lovells) Coils

As the title suggests, I am starting the search for new shocks. After being told on a couple of other threads that there is much smoother rides possible and explaining so to the minister of finances (who uses the JK as her DD) she was very interested in me looking into this further!

I have a 2 door petrol, currently all plastic bars but this will change in the future to an ARB or AEV or whatever front bar with a rope winch down the track for self sufficiency on the beach/mud.

Currently have installed the blue Mopar (lovells) coils, which gave me about 63mm rear and 67mm front lift, but still with stock shockies.

Love the idea of the Rancho 9000XL adjustables and have been looking into either stock length or +50mm, missus didnt seem too surprised by the price, but wondering do I need to go that far? Majority of driving will be onroad with once a month (or better hopefully) trips up the beack or mountains. Not expecting any full on competition type wheelin, so springs will prob stay as is.

With the Mopar springs they are the same free length as the stockers, so wouldnt expect longer shocks required/recommended, but then another inch or so travel couldnt hurt if the springs are tied in (so they dont fall out!). Is the +50mm Ranchos +50 in jounce or +50 in rebound or +50 in both? Been searching to try and find details of shock lengths for the stockers and aftermarkets, but so far have not found anything!

Suggestions? Also suggested places to buy from?

EDIT: Growing list on info in a Google Spreadsheet - Thought I would link to my research on this front page to make it easier to find for future reference. Anyone with any additional info you want to add to this chart by all means PM me - could end up being a good reference sheet!

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Last edited by SeaComms; 28-08-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 23-08-2010
Sideways Slammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

I'm in the same boat as you.
I find the ride not to firm at all with the stock shocks and mopar springs combo.

What about the mopar shock's?

I see some people have got that combo.....

I wonder how much they are worth??
Old 23-08-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

These guys sell them, they advertise on AJOR as well:

http://www.4wd1.com/

Cheers
Old 23-08-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

There's also the mopar shocks which are lovells and much cheaper than rancho.

also higher quality than rancho but that's another matter and I'm sure there's going to be a swarm of people upset that I just said that the shocks the spent a silly amount of money on aren't very good quality.
Old 23-08-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Im in the market for shocks as well.
Have a look here
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16019_9900.htm
Much lower price, includes steering stabilizer, relocation bracket and $100USD gift card

77 Grand Wagoneer
91 YJ
94 ZJ
96 TJ
09 JKU
14 WK2 Best one yet!
www.SurfFX.com.au
Old 23-08-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Yom I dont disagree, Ive had Rancho 9000s for 6 months and so far they are great I am offroad most weekends and I realyenjoy the adjustable component.
Mine are the same size as the origional shocks, I do think now I would have been better with plus 50... Having said that I will get front extensoins from DBOR.
Also I bought mine from Quadratec and I landed them to my front door cheaper than anywhere local.
Old 23-08-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The ARB shocks/springs work well for me.