sway bar disco - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-08-2010
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default sway bar disco

I am going to install the mopar 2" springs this week to lift its belly of the ground a bit.Does anyone know if lifting it will effect the electric sway bar disconector,or does it require extended links.I just took mit on its first bush bash at landcruiser park on the weekend.The Rubicon is one awsome piece of machinery.Going to the Springs this weekend so hopefully the lift will help out with rampover.
Old 24-08-2010
not just a web wheeler

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

The angle of the sway bar will be affected, how much you notice it, may be questionable. It wont affect the way it works though no.
Old 24-08-2010
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

As DBOR said the sway bar will be on an angle. Will not make any real difference unless you stick longer shocks in. The longer shocks will allow the diff to drop further and the shorter links may get to straight in line with the sway bar enabling them to flip under if the diff drops to full extension both sides at the same time.

In other words, if you just dropped in the springs - no probs

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 24-08-2010
No Winching

Liked 504 Times in 291 Posts

"Standard" money saving practice is to swap the rear links to the front and fit new aftermarket rear links. The disconect system itself will be unchanged.

Depending on exactly what shocks / shock length / shock placement etc the rear links will usually do the job. If you have lots of droop on the front then they still can be a limiting factor. This is really only an issue with more modified vehicles as the standard control arms limit the available droop and the front driveshaft CV at the transfer case also runs out of angle.
Old 24-08-2010
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks guys,i was worried about the system disconecting and reconecting but it seems that it will be ok.I amlooking into putting in the mopar shocks just waiting on ncw to get me a price and availability.The car is only 3 weeks old so i am trying to keep it with jeep gear as so there will be no warranty issues.
Old 24-08-2010
not just a web wheeler

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

You want have warranty issues with aftermarket springs and shocks. Thats the stealership feeding you a line!
Old 24-08-2010
Super Moderator

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

DBO, Yup but they put the fear of god into you sometimes that you jump at the mopar gear to enusre ease of wrty...

But you are right... unless they can somehow pin the fault on the shocks/springs... my next jeep I will buy from a forum supporter that will allow me to fit my own non-mopar gear....