What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 94 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 16-11-2020
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 355 Times in 199 Posts

finally fitted my chief rails to my pioneer tray

Old 02-12-2020
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,980 Times in 2,349 Posts

it was time, well beyond time really for a service but being on the road and the dash display was saying 43% good and the last service was some 11000km earlier I thought it could wait till we got home, the it had to wait its turn amongst the myriad of other jobs, this service run about 8000km towing and the rest was the usual shopping runs, 120km round trips at a dollar with the odd 10km run around the block so I can assume the soot oven didn't have to run itself often and pollute my oil......
This service was only $90 as my son gave me a couple of kegs of oil as the barcode had changed and its easier to just get rid of it, oil,air and fuel filters changed every 10K along with oil, makes life easier.........I had certainly sucked some bugs in this last trip, air box was chockers........... Didn't make a mess of the floor or bench this time round and my service lift blocks are much easier than my bigger ramps................ It was a slow 10Km this time since last service was end of June..........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 02-12-2020 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-12-2020
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 106 Times in 76 Posts

I’ve had it now for six months and finally got around to putting it into low range. At least I know now that it works
Old 03-12-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Bloody hell Drover, you sure you havent been taking a peek in my shed when Im not home, believe it or not I made up 4 exact same blocks to run the Jeep up on, had to go up and make sure mine was still where I put them.
As you I find them perfect height when doing anything underneath, I too use JS filters as Bretts is not that far up the road from work.
Putting weight on your donk towing is doing it the world of good, having it under weight, good to hear mate
Old 03-12-2020
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,980 Times in 2,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLMATE View Post
Bloody hell Drover, you sure you havent been taking a peek in my shed when Im not home, believe it or not I made up 4 exact same blocks to run the Jeep up on, had to go up and make sure mine was still where I put them.
As you I find them perfect height when doing anything underneath, I too use JS filters as Bretts is not that far up the road from work.
Putting weight on your donk towing is doing it the world of good, having it under weight, good to hear mate
Well I had to do something my steel ramps are a pain and I wanted level, thing about moving from my old place is I had to leave my old servicing bay behind I could just walk underneath, did think 150mm lift would be good but they are too heavy for an old coot to drag around so went with 100mm, easy to drag and my nose doesn't hit things so all good......My rigs have always had a good life of no stop/start runs, even when I worked it was a 29km drive with the first and last Km at 60kph then a dollar for the rest so when the exhaust needed changing so did the whole rig, same in retirement with Dan Murphys and Bunnings a 120km round trip at full noise....... Find the JS filters good so far, cost wise and Jap owned and made in Korea as far as I can tell so better than chinky...some folk get really techo about it but mine get changed at 10K km so not really a biggy.... I have stopped using bretts as they have issues.

The old service bay.............

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 10-03-2021 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-12-2020

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi Drover,
Should not it be recommended full synthetic oil 5W-30 for DPF
Old 04-12-2020
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

5w-30 weight is too thin for our climate, Jeep and a heap of other manufactures running the VM Motori specify 5w-40