What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 122 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2021
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 113 Times in 64 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
Like the 'black on black'...subtle...yet not...nice
Yes I think so,
When my ORA Predator bar comes in the New Year it should look the goods.
Old 05-12-2021
I just registered

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Added a hidden winch and headed up to the High Country.
Old 10-12-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 4,007 Times in 2,363 Posts

Since it was service time the other week that means tyre rotate time, another easy, simple job but not on these highly well thought out designed vehicles, only 4 hard points for lifting, trying to make people use workshops I think, basic WHS say jack up vehicle use a jack stand for support not the jack, except on these things, okay you can fit stand up front so long as it has a wide top plate or you will crush the chassis bit but not a hope down the back, anyway I completed the mongrel job. I think I need to get a bull bag and lift on the suspension...... Anyway I knew all this so in a lather of sweat before I started I consoled myself by knowing I would have the cricket on the 50" screen in the shed, turned it on and the picture was all lines, crap, got stuck into the tyres, a wheel nut that had been giving me a hard time for awhile, thanks to a hairy fisted tyre shop jockey, decided to give me a time so I stuffed it, BUT the old fella carries a spare, by the time I had finished the Jeep I had worked out it had been quite awhile since I had blown the dust out of the Tele and with lots of rain around it could be a bit moist so blew it out with the air gun and the Gabba was all clear again, shitty rotation job forgotten and sat in boat with a beer to enjoy a few overs.................

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 11-12-2021
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Farwest, I'm glad to hear that Murphy's Law doesn't just apply to me as it seems everything I do always has a hidden hitch.
Old 11-12-2021
RubiconSlammer

Liked 1,285 Times in 682 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

We're all suckers for punishment I reckon! Just did the 6 mth intermediate oil changes on all 3 cars. Smooth going on all except for (as always) trying to get a reading on the GC dipstick. Put exactly the same amount of fresh oil in as I took out (as always). Would still be nice to see a level that means something rather than the whole measuring stem on the stick being covered in oil. I always check it cold with oil settled but never get a good reading. UNTIL, feeling a bit masochistic, decided to get her back on the ramps and drop around 500ml (messy business releasing the plug so it leaks without the full avalanche). Checked the level again and saw a break in the oil slick midway between Min and Max. Ok, that must be it. Pour about half of the removed oil back in, level now almost at max, but pretty much joining up with the oil remaining on the upper stem, once again obliterating a good reading. At least I'm confident the sump isn't over filled, just accept that the stick is pretty useless. Beats me.
Old 11-12-2021
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Yep, the dipstick is about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike!
My last oil change there was at least 1 litre too much in there.
Old 11-12-2021
MonsterMoose

Liked 4,007 Times in 2,363 Posts

Your an inspiration you lot, give me so much confidence that I'm doing it right and I'm not alone in making a mess....
Great wheel nut saga all sorted, the spare wheel nut isn't quite kosher so I checked out some tyre and wheel shops while zi picked up the Gkids for a fun filled week..... couldn't find one to suit all had smaller cones, the hard copy cats didn't list, so back home zi did the Google, Rockauto and cross reference search with no great luck so went to the NICE site, mob that does a lot of them for the auto shops and tyre joints, scoured their site with my mesurements, found one to suit, then I noticed their online cat so had a look, bugga me its listed.......... NICE wheel Nut NN615 $6 + postage .....

https://www.niceproducts.com.au/prod...tegoryId=34757

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply