What did you do to your WK Grand today? - Page 139 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-04-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 120 Times in 70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_char View Post
Gotta make the most of it. We’re out and about almost every weekend.

This was last weekend at lake Hume
That's a nice spot. I had to go down to Geelong a couple times a few years back from Coffs and I'd always stop at Lake Hume first night on the way down.

As far as excuses, I've got some good ones! Full time work, full time uni, a wife who's just had a full hip replacement due to a work injury several years ago, but like I said, I'm working on it!
Old 23-04-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 4,000 Times in 2,360 Posts

Bugga John, quite a few mates down south have copped the lurgy just recently, hope its a mild dose....

I'm thinking of another run to Quilpie/Innaminka way but recent run to daughters 300 odd km away was $116 to her place so fuel bills are gettiing scary... we just went up 5c/lt yesterday, bastards.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 23-04-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 4,000 Times in 2,360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
Did a 1000k(or just shy of that) run yesty...cost $106+ to fill the bugger b4 I left..only bout 56lts...covered the run with 120klm of fuel left...or so the evic said...gauge was LOOOOW.....AND I know its giving u distance to empty on the current fuel useage (8.8/100)...fuel in Port Lincoln was 4c/lt dearer than I paid here in remote 'bumfxville'....then again....Port Lincoln is like Toowoomba...more millionaires per capita than the rest of the Country...no money in farming or fishing...unless you own a farm or a fishing fleet of cos....now....gotta sort out this Hi beam thing...trying to strain these old eyes to see the 'jumpers' at night is near impossible with these piss poor hi beams...nudge bar and a light bar ????....ideas anybody ???
Haven't had a hit or near miss since I decided no driving after beer o'clock, if I have to drive at night I get the book out to see where the switch is................ ...... bluddy Horses during the day is the problem...... If I was doing regular dark time drives, light bar across the front only way to go, Skippies start about 1km from our driveway..........

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Old 23-04-2022
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farwest View Post
Did a 1000k(or just shy of that) run yesty...cost $106+ to fill the bugger b4 I left..only bout 56lts...covered the run with 120klm of fuel left...or so the evic said...gauge was LOOOOW.....AND I know its giving u distance to empty on the current fuel useage (8.8/100)...fuel in Port Lincoln was 4c/lt dearer than I paid here in remote 'bumfxville'....then again....Port Lincoln is like Toowoomba...more millionaires per capita than the rest of the Country...no money in farming or fishing...unless you own a farm or a fishing fleet of cos....now....gotta sort out this Hi beam thing...trying to strain these old eyes to see the 'jumpers' at night is near impossible with these piss poor hi beams...nudge bar and a light bar ????....ideas anybody ???
Mate, the roo's out your way are thick in the bush!
I nearly cleaned up a few in the morning on the way from Kingoonya to Glendambo going slow on the corrugated dirt road, they have a death wish!
As for lights, I got a cheap light bar from Kings, the things cranks out some light, it's a great cheap little light.

On my WJ I had 2 HID spotties and a light bar on the roof, too much light far down the road. Current setup is good as its got good throw and spread to see on the sides of the road where the suckers are.
Old 23-04-2022
Established Member

Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Googs Lake pano, resized to shit for upload, real size pic is great, multiple 30 second Pentax K3 pics stitched in ICE
Old 30-04-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 83 Times in 46 Posts

Installed Redarc TowPro Elite today... mostly. I haven't decided where to drill into for the remote yet, might do something non intrusive in the cubby with my UHF and spotlight switch. I think the wiring is all good, no smoke came out .
Tapped into the red and blue wires of the OEM towing harness and took 12v direct from the battery with a circuit breaker as per the wiring diagram but not getting much feedback from the remote. I don't have my trailer yet to test it. Should I see a red braking light on the remote without a trailer connected when braking? All I get is a blue light fade out when I push on the dial.

Also tidied up my other 12v looms, moving them to paths that don't have rub points. Have installed a Kickass two way sensing relay for my second battery in the tyre well. I've previously just used solar to charge it. I don't seem to have any "smart alternator" issues, but I did replace my alternator (still waiting for the diesel recall!).
Old 30-04-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 775 Times in 403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
Installed Redarc TowPro Elite today... mostly. I haven't decided where to drill into for the remote yet, might do something non intrusive in the cubby with my UHF and spotlight switch. I think the wiring is all good, no smoke came out .
Tapped into the red and blue wires of the OEM towing harness and took 12v direct from the battery with a circuit breaker as per the wiring diagram
Any chance of throwing up a couple of snaps or taking a picture of the diagram and posting it up Matt,
Cheers OLMATE