Just waiting for my new JK wrangler - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-05-2007
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Just waiting for my new JK wrangler

Hi guys,
i am new to this site.
i have ordered a black JK wrangler sport (renegade pack) and it will be in Aus by mid June.
The price i will be paying for it is $39k (drive-away).

I've chosen the petrol engine, because i was told to wait a long period of time for the CRD and it's a bit expensive as well.

But reading through opinions of others, i think i've made a mistake by choosing the petrol engine, if I am not buying a rubi.
Old 27-05-2007
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

change your order to a rubicon ..if you can

Diesel renegade
petrol rubicon

lucky to get a jeep that quick - if not in stock 6-10 weeks a minimum for an jeep not just wranglers - they are busy in most models
Old 27-05-2007
Renegado

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tae.h View Post
Hi guys,
i am new to this site.
i have ordered a black JK wrangler sport (renegade pack) and it will be in Aus by mid June.
The price i will be paying for it is $39k (drive-away).

I've chosen the petrol engine, because i was told to wait a long period of time for the CRD and it's a bit expensive as well.

But reading through opinions of others, i think i've made a mistake by choosing the petrol engine, if I am not buying a rubi.
Hey, and welcome to the forum!

I've got the exact car that you have on order sitting in my garage (for the past 2 months) and was too was asking myself the same questions when my Jeep was on order. From my experience let me assure you the petrol engine is by no means underpowered! (if thats the overall impression that you were getting) ...I personally have never been in a situation where the engine felt underpowered (I have the manual tranny btw) I tested both manual and auto, manual felt alot better in my opinon, the power delivery felt alot more readily available.

I decided on the petrol over the diesel basically for the same reasons that you stated above; cost & availability... and the fact that most of my driving will be onroad. I havent looked back. The diesel is a fantastic engine but its $4000 bucks extra I can see it becoming superceded in the near future due to the great demand in the US for a diesel powerplant (just a thought). That 4 grand extra for the diesel could be spent better elsewhere for me!

My advice to you would be to test drive both diesel and petrol, and think about what you will be using the rig for etc. At the end of the day I'm sure you will be happy with whatever choice you make, know that I am!... Just my 2c's worth...

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Bert; 27-05-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Old 27-05-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What he said...

I've got the Rubicon so the gearing is a bit different but I haven't been let down by the engine yet. On the dunes last weekend it was a rocket - will be trying it out on mud and rocks next month (when I get time).

Fuel economy in the petrol (which is why I'd go for the diesel) is good until you put the right boot in but you get that.

B.
Old 28-05-2007

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello all my fist post in the JK forum,
I think i'm going to miss the KJ forum as we all ways had some wrong with the CRD's well mine any ways but loved every second of it!!!

Well I'm changing from a KJ to a JK i to have a Rubi unlimited on order. I to have been concerned by how much fuel it will be using we pay over a $ per litter that's US. But the CRD is about $ 7000 AU more and that's for the Sahara.

I would only go for the auto CRD as the manual is just to short on the gearing and you'll find your self revving it high quite a bit. Once you have driven a auto CRD as with my KJ you'll find it hard to drive any other CRD.
The Rubi don't come in a CRD and the V6 Rubi is the same price as the Sahara???

Brettski how is you fuel consumption? Don't mean to hijack thread tea.h! sorry

Last edited by Apollo; 28-05-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Old 28-05-2007
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
Brettski how is you fuel consumption? Don't mean to hijack thread tea.h! sorry
On long runs (110 km/h, 6th gear) I'm getting as low as 11 litres per 100 km. Around town I'm averaging 13. If I hammer it in the city or on the dunes it jumps to 16 or so. The car has only done 2,000 km so I'm expecting it to get slightly better but not much.

B.
Old 28-05-2007
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2 door Renegade CRD I’ have got 2200Km on the clock and fuel is cumming down to 10.4 l Highway and City driving with 70km Off road . Started of with 13 L/km but it seemed the motor is freeing up and is using less Liters=$$$$
Post New Thread  Reply