WH front drive shaft - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2010
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

So if the part is in a new vehicle it is warranted for 100,000 but if it has to be replaced the replaced new part is only warranted for how many k's??

They have failed to reimbursed me for the replaced front drive shaft, have not addressed the key issue i.e. the cv rubber boot perished. They have simply stated that I had the part replaced by an unauthorized dealer even though the vehicle was out of warranty. In my view I didn't need their permission. My issue is that a part that was well under 100,000k failed because the rubber boot hardened, which I say is a manufacturing fault with regard to the rubber boot.

In Australia you have to replace the entire front shaft approx. AU$1,000 seems this price varies from dealer to dealer, in America you can just replace the cv joint for US$70.00!!

I think that this issue may be in ACCC territory
Old 10-08-2010
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Jesus Jenko that is tradgic. Those shafts dont move when lifted, they're all mounted in a way they cant move. Out of curiosity, is it the front CV or the rear CV in the shaft breaking?

Cant help but wonder how you've managed to:
1. Blow up an engine
2. Have your front Diff rebuilt
3. Have your transmission rebuilt
4. Have your front diveshaft rebuilt / broken twice?

How do you drive?
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 10-08-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoea26 View Post
So if the part is in a new vehicle it is warranted for 100,000 but if it has to be replaced the replaced new part is only warranted for how many k's??

They have failed to reimbursed me for the replaced front drive shaft, have not addressed the key issue i.e. the cv rubber boot perished. They have simply stated that I had the part replaced by an unauthorized dealer even though the vehicle was out of warranty. In my view I didn't need their permission. My issue is that a part that was well under 100,000k failed because the rubber boot hardened, which I say is a manufacturing fault with regard to the rubber boot.

In Australia you have to replace the entire front shaft approx. AU$1,000 seems this price varies from dealer to dealer, in America you can just replace the cv joint for US$70.00!!

I think that this issue may be in ACCC territory

I think the spare parts warrenty is 20,000km and 3 months I know thats all they offerd for my new engine.
Old 10-08-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDSTU View Post
Jesus Jenko that is tradgic. Those shafts dont move when lifted, they're all mounted in a way they cant move. Out of curiosity, is it the front CV or the rear CV in the shaft breaking?

Cant help but wonder how you've managed to:
1. Blow up an engine
2. Have your front Diff rebuilt
3. Have your transmission rebuilt
4. Have your front diveshaft rebuilt / broken twice?

How do you drive?
No differently from all the other cars I have owned I got my Lexus GS430 (2005) around the same time just clicked over 105km's

I have not even blown a fuse on that car. Its Jeeps attitude that pisses me off the most.
No reason why my drive shaft failed , no reason why engine blew.

I'm over them
Old 10-08-2010
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkomagic View Post
No differently from all the other cars I have owned I got my Lexus GS430 (2005) around the same time just clicked over 105km's

I have not even blown a fuse on that car. Its Jeeps attitude that pisses me off the most.No reason why my drive shaft failed , no reason why engine blew.
I know what you mean. When I was going to buy my new WH CRD from an undisclosed dealer, my Alternator pulley broke and the KJ CRD was 6 days out of warranty. They didnt want to replace it under a good will policy (cost me $1009 to fix) and not to forget the fact it was the 6th Jeep I'd bought off them so I cancelled the deal and bought through a Sydney Dealership, got a better deal and more for the trade too !

Sometimes we need to rattle these Monkey's Cages I say. You should see how BMW bend over backwards to do anything for you, your car 2 yrs out of warranty? No probs we'll fix it as long as your a good customer!! The behind the scene's policy writers for Jeep need to re evaluate the way they attract and retain busines I say.

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience, they are'nt all like that.
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Old 10-08-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDSTU View Post
I know what you mean. When I was going to buy my new WH CRD from an undisclosed dealer, my Alternator pulley broke and the KJ CRD was 6 days out of warranty. They didnt want to replace it under a good will policy (cost me $1009 to fix) and not to forget the fact it was the 6th Jeep I'd bought off them so I cancelled the deal and bought through a Sydney Dealership, got a better deal and more for the trade too !

Sometimes we need to rattle these Monkey's Cages I say. You should see how BMW bend over backwards to do anything for you, your car 2 yrs out of warranty? No probs we'll fix it as long as your a good customer!! The behind the scene's policy writers for Jeep need to re evaluate the way they attract and retain busines I say.

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience, they are'nt all like that.

I wont give them my $$ again, this would be in no doubt the worst car I have ever owned and I have had quite a few.
Pure and simply it is a result of the cheapest parts suppliers bidding for Chrysler's buisness. Just rubbish
Old 11-08-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkomagic View Post
I think the spare parts warrenty is 20,000km and 3 months I know thats all they offerd for my new engine.
That is pathetic!! So much for tough iconic 4 x 4. They are obviously aware that there are issues with these front drive shafts and have no regard for their loyal customers.

They would rather loose sales rather then spend a small amount of $ to repair a part that has a history of being faulty.
Post New Thread  Reply