WJ/WG front bars - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-09-2013
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What is the bar worth.
Old 19-09-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default WJ/WG front bars

Also interested how much wooders
Old 19-09-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KL
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I was thinking of fabbing my own but maybe if the price is right I could do the bar (and new front springs too -for correcting the drag-racing stance mine currently has).
Old 19-09-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default Protofab bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
I've let this thread slide long enough with suggesting:
Another option is the ProtoFab bumper:

Their blurb on the bar:
"This bumper will fit the front of the 1999-2004 WJ Jeeps.
This is a high clearance bumper made for the true offroader. The winch mount is set low to maintain radiator air flow. A lower radiator skid plate ensures full front end protection as well as a great approach angle for those big obstacles.
Most low profile winches up to 9500# will fit this bumper. Comes tow hook ready or add a set of ‘D’ ring mounts (as shown add $44) for the ultimate tow points. Add a pre-runner bar for best protection and a place for up to 4 lights.
Shipped in RAW STEEL Finish"

And yes I have one instock
Heck even have a matching rear w/tyre carrier

I've got this bumper on my WG but note the difference in the recovery points. Whils the official pic shows the rec points at the front of the bar, mine arrived without them but rather two holes either side of the winch mount area on top of the bar where I had to bolt on recovery hooks. The look is okay but I have had to recover other vehicles twice with with snatch straps with me reversing out and pulling them and both times it pulled the bar down resulting in the bar moving and becoming mis-aligned.
In other words recovery points on top pulls the bar down....... recovery points in front pulls through the line of the car and bar.
May be worth checking first to see if bar is the same as the ad's picture.
Aside from this issue the bar looks great I reckon and approach angle is also great. Also easy to mount winch into.
See better pics and vid showing the bar at pages 126 and 131 of Grand Cherokee pics share them http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...61029&page=126
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130720-01176.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	64277  
Old 19-09-2013
SwampDigger

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

How do they reckon thats a low mount whinch? Any higher and youd have to look around it to see where your going ,lol !
Btw mounting it higher isnt a bad thing.
Old 19-09-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default WJ/WG front bars

Anyone know what bar this is?
Old 20-09-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default WJ/WG front bars

It's a trail ready base bumper
Post New Thread  Reply